With energy efficient lighting to savings and clean environment
Objectives of the project:
- Reduce end-use of electricity in the public sector and, consequently, light pollution and energy costs and thus increase sustainable energy development.
- Develop common measures to improve the energy efficiency of public lighting.
- Upgrade the existing technology in the field of public lighting.
- Use innovative approaches to reducing the use of electricity.
- To exchange experiences, knowledge, best practices among professionals of the border area.
- Establish long-term cooperation between the Slovenian and Croatian public utilities, energy agencies, research institutions and businesses.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and contribute to meeting Kyoto requirements.
- Reduce the negative effects of street lighting on human and animal health.
- Raise environmental awareness among target groups in the border area.